New Year Organizing Tip

Here is how I separate coins that accumulate around the house. When each tin is too full to close, I count it up and exchange them at the bank for paper money.
I then add this to my garage sale/flea market savings.
Use an empty, clean and dry, mint tin. This brand pictured has my favorite size to use. 

Using whatever  label maker or "P-touch" you have access to, print labels with what you are planning on storing inside your tins.

Here is my printed label for the Glue Sticks tin. I then filled the tin with the sticks.

I like to put my label on the front bottom half of the tin. They fit nicely there after a little trim off each end.

Pictured above are some of my tins as I started to fill them.

Here are just some examples of what can be stored in these handy little tins:
Buttons
Staples
Rubber Bands
Paper Clips
Push Pins
Tacks
Brads
Pins
Glue Stick halves
Seeds
Memory Cards
Pencil Lead
Erasers
Binder Clips
Spare Keys
Craft items

Mini Christmas light bulbs
Spare Fuses
Clothes Pins
Stickers
and one for those "one of a kind" Miscellaneous items.

No comments:

Post a Comment