~ Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix Gifts ~

Here is the Cast of Characters:
A Cute Container (One you can see through is better for presentation.)
Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix. (Or a store bought mix is fine.)
Mini Marshmallows
Candy Cane Mints
Ande's Mints Pieces (not pictured here)
Pretty Ribbon
Something to break up the candies with. (I used my heavy meat tenderizer.)
A heavy bag to hold the candies in while breaking them up. (A small freezer bag is what I used)
Note: You can use mini chocolate chips if you are not a lover of mint. 

Fill The Container
Start with the Hot Cocoa Mix. Spoon in enough to fill half of the container.
Then add the marshmallows. Add enough marshmallows to almost fill the other half, leaving room for the layers of mint toppings.
Lastly, add the Mints in layers.

The Finished Gift
I used chalkboard paint and painted the top of the can lid the day before.
I then wrote "Hot Cocoa Mix" and drew Christmas themed items on it with my chalkboard pen.
Tie a pretty ribbon around the middle.

I also tied a tag with instructions on to the handle. (not pictured here)
My instructions read: "Add 2 T. of Mix to one mug of hot water, add toppings, & enjoy."

I've had good reactions from the receivers of these gifts so far. I'm planning on making more. These are great low priced gifts for teachers, neighbors, etc… Also a nice "Secret Santa" or a $5.00 exchange gift. I'm going to have some hot cocoa right now! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment