~ Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs ~

Start off with a pan of water - about a quart. Add a couple of Tablespoons of Vinegar and Yellow Onion Skins to the pan. 

 Bring it to a boil, then simmer - pretty low - for about 20 - 30 minutes. You can already see the water has color to it.

Here is Red Cabbage and Vinegar almost to a boil.

I really like using this hand held strainer to remove the onion skins and cabbage pieces after the water has stopped boiling. 

This time I used white eggs for this project. I cut a daisy bloom off - pretty close to the base - to use for this egg. 

I put the bloom front side down against the egg, then wrapped a piece of nylon tightly around it, and tied it with a twist tie. Remember to be careful not to crack the raw egg! 

Here's a bunch of the eggs all wrapped up and ready to go. I used flower blooms, leaves, and herbs to press against the eggs. 

The eggs being hard boiled in the strained Red Cabbage water.

Here is the beautiful color that results from the Yellow Onion Skins.

Another Yellow Onion Skin result.

I really love this one! 

Pattern examples: a leaf, a bloom, and an herb. 

Unwrapping this one - sometimes you have to peal the leaves off or they wipe off easily.

Here is the pretty soft blue that is the result of the Red Cabbage. I used a mini rosebud for this one. 

This bunch of naturally dyed eggs is ready for Easter! 

Naturally Dyed Eggs ~ with herb, leaf, and bloom impressions.
John 11:25-26 "Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;" 


No comments:

Post a Comment